SIG Knowledge Management (KM)

SIG-KM Newsletter for Summer 2019

• 1.  SIG-KM Newsletter for Summer 2019

Posted 8 days ago

NEWSLETTER FEATUREs

Peering Beneath KM's Veneer by Alton Chua
    Even after so many years, the disciplinary boundary of knowledge management (KM) remains porous. Alton Chua analyzes the assumptions that have been made about approaches to knowledge management and what this might mean for KM practitioners.

Rejuvenate your knowledge management practices with ISO 30401: Knowledge Management Systems – Requirements standard by Nithyanandam Mathiyazhagam (Mathi)
    Mathi provides an overview of the new Knowledge Management standard from ISO, which creates opportunities for elevating knowledge management practice for practitioner communities and provides qualitative research opportunities for KM scholars.

Practitioner Spotlight: Dr. Kimiz Dalkir

Dr. Kimiz Dalkir is a renowned author of a knowledge management textbook - Knowledge Management in Theory and Practice - and a professor at McGill University. If you would like to learn more about her work, you can reach out to her at kimiz.dalkir@mcgill.ca.

In her own words: While I was a KM consultant, McGill recruited me to introduce KM. This was daunting as the field is so diverse. I had the opportunity to demystify KM as well as to link theory and practice by writing my text. What continues to drive my interest is that there are so many powerful ways that KM can be concretely implemented to help out any given organization. I see KM on the same shelf as quality assurance and ethics – ubiquitous!

Upcoming Webinars

Stay tuned for more details and the announcements for our upcoming webinars, focusing on:
    • Current Research Opportunities in Knowledge Management
    • What's in ISO 30401:2018 for scholars and practitioners

Call for Submissions!

Do you want your profile to be featured in a newsletter? Reach out to Mathi for more information.

If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, please let me know.

------------------------------
    Jane Leuchter
    ------------------------------