Chapter: Europe

Maximising on Funding Opportunities in the European Union & Finding Research Partners (Friday, March 19th 9-11am GMT (Ireland/UK time))

• 1.  Maximising on Funding Opportunities in the European Union & Finding Research Partners (Friday, March 19th 9-11am GMT (Ireland/UK time))

Posted 03-13-2021 04:34
      |   view attached
    Hosted by ASIS&T's European Chapter
    Maximising on Funding Opportunities in the European Union & Finding Research Partners
    Friday, March 19th, 9-11am GMT (Ireland/UK time)
    Feel free to join at any time and for as long as you can!
    ASIS&T's European Chapter welcomes you to an online seminar to explore funding opportunities in the European context.  This event will provide information about funding in the EU, as well as a chance to network with potential research collaborators. We look forward to "seeing" you there!
    If you have questions about applying for research funding in the EU, please post them here in advance of our event:
    Please join us by Zoom:
    Meeting ID: 624 4024 6650
    Passcode: 140819
    Speakers (Bios are attached)

Widening Participation, Proposal Review Processes, and Reviewer Insights

Diane H. Sonnenwald

This talk will highlight what I've learned in my roles as reviewer, rapporteur, and vice-chair of multiple grant review processes in the Horizon 2020. I will first present an overview of two grant programmes in the Widening Participation Programme that are continuing in Horizon Europe, and which could be applicable to multiple chapter members. I will next provide an overview of grant review processes in which I've participated to help members better understand how proposals are evaluated. Based on my experiences, I will also share insights to consider when creating a grant proposal.

Before attending this session, it is recommended you review a slide presentation on Horizon Europe. The presentation is available for download (in 22 languages) at: Horizon Europe - Investing to shape our future

Experiences Developing and Managing Successful Erasmus+ Proposals

Tatjana Aparac-Jelušić

The aim of the talk is to present two successful approaches to Erasmus+ Calls: EINFOSE (European Information Science Education: Encouraging Mobility and Learning Outcomes Harmonization) and DECriS (Digital education for Crisis Situations: Times when there is no alternative) from the perspective of all activities taken before, during and after the project duration. The presentation will focus on the discussions with partners about the main ideas, their elaboration, 'translation' into the proposals that followed the Calls' requirements to the projects' implementation and achieved (EINFOSE) and expected (DECriS) results. Based on my own experiences, I will try to highlight the challenges and pitfalls in preparing and leading such Erasmus plus projects.

Before attending this session, it is recommended you visit the EINFOSE web site (http://einfose.ffos.hr)

------------------------------
    Aylin Imeri
    Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf
    Düsseldorf, NRW
    aylin.ilhan@hhu.de
    ------------------------------

Attachment(s)

pdf
    Speaker Biographies.pdf   150 KB 1 version